1/25/09

Heath Ledger


As some of you may well know, Heath Ledger, one of the world's most famous actors, died last year on January 22.



Heath Ledger, an actor known famously for his roles such as Brokeback Mountain (Ennis) and The Dark Knight (The Joker), died at age 28, at around 3 p.m. in his room. It was tragic and devastating news that shocked his family, his adored fans, and the rest of the world.


Personally, I love Heath Ledger as an actor. He gave 100% to everything he does, and enjoyed it. Even though he had to deal with a case of insomnia, which led to his accidental overdose of Ambien, he always put that to the side and gave energy to everything.




If you don't know who Heath Ledger is, watch the Dark Knight or another movie he's been in. His interpretation of the Joker is haunting, amazing, and Oscar-worthy.




RIP Heath Ledger.






3 comments:

Grace Kim said...

I thought Heath Ledger was amazing in the Black Night. I thought it was very unfortunate that he died. He showed great talent in the Black Night and I do this he would have done even better in films to come. I really like the personal touch you added to your entry as well as factual.

Anna Z said...

Sophia, thanks so much for calling to attention the great work and skill of this beloved actor. I'm embarrassed to say that I have only seen the Dark Knight, but that movie alone has made me a huge Heath Ledger fan. I always looked forward to the scenes with the joker; Batman was cool, Harvey Dent was cool, but Joker was beyond phenomenal. It's heartbreaking to think about the fact that he is not with us anymore. He is a superb actor, and will be missed for many, many years.

smiddleton said...

Heath Ledger was such an amazing actor. It is so sad that he died at what probably would be the pinnacle of his acting career. He was simply AMAZING in Dark Knight, but also played groundbreaking roles, such as in Brokeback Mountain. The versatility of his talents I assume will become legendary, and I am simply ecstatic that his hard work has gotten so much credit in the recent weeks, when Dark Knight has won Golden Globes and Oscars. However, as everyone does, I wish he could be alive to see his amazing accomplishments