1/4/09

Ganglion cysts


So, I have a skin...disorder....called a ganglion cyst.


It's quite lovely, you know, you get this huge bump on your wrist or somewhere around your hand, and all of a sudden, people around you see it and scream, "What is that?!" Yes, it's fun. It's like you have this planet growing on your wrist and it doesn't look abnormal at all. Nope. Not at all.


I think I've actually had this cyst for a couple years now, and I really didn't want to get surgery, not only because surgery scares me a lot, but I don't like doctors cutting my hand open and doing something bad to it that would affect my violin playing.


Apparently, I had a cyst a couple years ago on my other hand, and it disappeared. According to some doctor, if you put pressure on it, then the cyst "breaks" and the body "absorbs" it cause it can't really clump together.


I didn't want to upload a video because I was too scared to watch it.


So, this is what a ganglion cyst looks like. And yes, I have this kind of bump on my wrist.

No comments: