1/6/09

SLEEP

It really makes me spazz out when people tell me that they aren't getting enough sleep, they stay up until 2 every morning, they "die" when they're in class, etc.


Yet, it also really makes me laugh when these sleep websites say that "most of the people aren't getting enough sleep, it's bad for you," and my favorite, "sleep more." Yes, that's definitely a great solution for people who don't have enough time on their hands. I NEVER would have thought of that until your site mentioned it.


Sites like these are helpful, but at times I can't stop wondering how naive they are. I mean, honestly, we know we're not getting enough sleep, and yes we do want to sleep more, but we have no time. We have extracurriculars, work, and most of all, homework. Take a typical student's schedule. They're done with school at 3, have sports until 5 or 6, come home to eat dinner, maybe work for a couple hours, and end up starting homework at 9 or 10. Or, they have a club instead of work that lasts a couple hours, or maybe some community service project. However, those people who stay up wasting their time on Facebook or AIM don't deserve any sympathy. They could finish their homework and still get to bed on time. It's their fault.


So, to sum it all up, sleep is good, yes we want to sleep, BUT, we don't have time.

Here's a video on sleep


No comments: